|Written by Keo Sokea|
|Tuesday, 25 September 2012 10:59|
There are several ways that our law group have contributed to public interests:
1. We are activists in public Health related activities such as Tobacco Control and Alcohol Control. For details,
please also item Reports in this website.
2. Free legal advise and/or offer very special rate to those clients who have very limited resources; and
3. Refereral to non-profitable agencies (NGOs).
• Referral to legal aid NGOS: as a matter of policy, when poor people who need legal aid approach our office, we assist them by providing appropriate advise and/or refer them to relevant NGOs.
Legal Advise to poor clients : poor clients who approached us will be provided assistance by interns or lawyers (started as of 2012).
• Tobacco Control:
- Cooperation with CMH (local NGO: Cambodia Movement for Health) by providing regular legal services (with limited consultant fee) to support CMH tobacco control activities.
- SEATCA Project on tobacco control in Cambodia 2009 – 2011.
- Networking with international community such as SEATCA (regional) and Tobacco Free Kids (USA).
- CTFK: June 2012-December, 2012
- Advocacy: Bayon TV, ASEAT TV, Press Conference, National Radio,..
• Cooperation: WHO in Cambodia, Ministry of Health and CMH,
• Discount for people with limited financial capacity. General discount 30%.
• Legal Intern(s): to assist young people to build their skills.
• Brief for law students.
|Last Updated ( Saturday, 31 October 2015 11:49 )|