SK & P Cambodia Law Group is going to conduct a series of one-day-consultation on domestic and inter-country adoptions in the Kingdom of Cambodia. The consultation is going to be conducted twice a year in June and December. The purpose of the consultation is to provide ladies and gentlemen who dream to be parents or have motives for adoption with most reliable technical and practical advises before you decided to adopt a child, especially Cambodian child who is in need of your real love and care. The goal of the consultation is to protect interests of adopted child and those of the prospective adoptive parents, and to avoid any breach of the law of Cambodia and the Hague Convention on the Protection of Children and Cooperation in Respect of Inter-country Adoption.
There are two kinds of adoption that are allowed by the law of the Kingdom of Cambodia: simple adoption and full adoption. In simple adoption, an adopted child acquires the same status and rights as a natural child of the adopters, and yet the relationship between the child and the natural parents as well as their rights and obligations in relation to inheritance and support continue. Full adoption is a legal process resulting in the acquisition by the adopted child of the same status, rights and obligations as that of a natural child of the adopters and the termination of the relationship between the child and his/her natural parents and their blood relatives.
Inter-country adoption is a full adoption that has the effect of creating a permanent parent-child relationship by providing the adopted child with the same status and the same rights and obligations as the natural child of the adopters, and of terminating the relationship between the child and his or her natural parents.
What does adoption means to us ?
Adoption will change your family life and the whole of your future:
1. create an atmosphere of happiness, love and understanding for a child that needs a family to live and create an atmosphere of hopefulness for women and men who want to be parents;
2. change family status and family environment;
3. change relatives;
4. change the way of thinking about one own family;
5. change a spouse behavior and conduct;
6. change and/or create a nationality for an adopted child;
7. change rights, obligation, status and relationships: adoptive parent(s), natural parent(s), adopted child and their respective blood relatives.
In this regard, you should try to get valuable advises and most accurate information before you decide to adoption a child.
SK & P Cambodia Law Firm is pleased to announce that from June, 2012 we are going to provide consultation on adoption as a group consultation every 6 months.
Individual consultation between one family or one couple who want to be adoptive parents and our expert(s) can be arranged upon request.
When is the date for the Consultation ?
- Group Consultation: June and December (each year).
- Dates for an individual consultation: upon request.
Where is the Consultation will take place ?
- Group Consultation: Phnom Penh Capital (Siem Reap is optional).
- Dates for an individual consultation: at the office of the SK & P Cambodia Law Group or upon request.
Consultation via Skype: we are going to provide long distance consultation via Skype or similar technology. This service will be provided soon.
Written Legal Opinion on Adoption: on top of face to face consultation, we also provide legal opinion on domestic adoption and inter-country adoption laws, regulations and other related issues concerning child protection.
1. group consultation: $200 per person (this cost covers venue, coffee break, snack and lunch at a nice hotel located in Phnom Penh Capital). Should each group is less than 20 people, we will conduct the consultation at our office.
The registration fee: $90 (non refundable).
2. Individual consultation: $200 for half day, $100 for one hour at our office.
3. written legal opinion: $300-$500 per work depending on the length of the written documents to be issued. Should international courier service is required to send the legal opinion outside the Kingdom of Cambodia, the cost of courier service will be added.
How do I apply for group consultation ?
Please download the application form below and submit with the appropriate fees and one identical color passport photograph of 4 cm x 6 cm or include the photo in the electronic copy of the application. Priority will be given to applicants in order of receipt, so early application is advised.